Assign Dental Recruitment (‘we’; ‘us’; and ‘our’) values the trust our users and customers place in us when they give us access to their personal data. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Assign Dental Recruitment (‘the company’) operates as both an employment agency and a recruitment business, introducing job seekers to employers for permanent and temporary vacancies respectively.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), Assign Dental Recruitment is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Personal data and non-personal data
Personal data refers to any information that identifies you as a specific individual. Non-personal data refers to any information that does not identify you as a specific individual.
The personal data we collect
For candidates, personal data includes (but is not limited to) your name, contact details, work history, employment preferences, references, emergency contacts and the usual information contained on a CV. We will also ask for and keep copies of your CV and, where appropriate, proof of your eligibility to work in accordance with our legal obligations. You may also be asked to provide evidence to prove qualifications that are on your CV.
As per CQC requirements any candidate registered with Assign Dental Recruitment working as a temporary worker will be required to provide the relevant documentation to do so. If you are paid by Assign Dental Recruitment for temporary assignments that you have completed, we will also ask you to provide us with the information needed to ensure that you are paid appropriately.
We may also ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in connection with the recruitment process or for an application for a particular role.
Where we are legally required to do so, we may also ask you for details of any criminal offences and seek an up to date criminal records check. If any roles you wish to apply for require us to conduct additional checks, for example credit checks or for CCJ’s we will also use your personal data to perform those checks.
Assign Dental Recruitment will keep details of any roles that you obtain through us and copies of any correspondence sent to you and to any employer in connection with such roles.
In certain situations we may also ask you to supply limited sensitive or special category personal data relating to criminal records or your health (“sensitive personal data”). We will only ask for sensitive personal data when it is needed to comply with a statutory obligation or to ensure that any employment rights are respected.
For clients we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisations, this may include general practice information and personal data related to the practice contact person for recruitment. We will keep details of any candidates that you hire through us and copies of any correspondence sent to you and to any candidate in connection with such roles.
Referee and emergency contacts
We collect your contact details only where a Candidate or a member of our Staff puts you down as their emergency contact or where a Candidate gives them to us in order for you to serve as a referee.
How we collect your personal data
Assign Dental Recruitment collects your personal data when you register to use our services.
Candidate data – personal data you give to us
Registering with Assign Dental Recruitment can be in any of the following ways:
– Entering your details on the our website or via an application form, as part of the registration process
– Leaving a hard copy CV at our office.
– Emailing your CV to us or being interviewed by one of our consultants.
– By application to a job posted or advertised on a Jobs Board (e.g. Indeed, CV Library).
– Entering a competition through a social media channel such as Facebook or Twitter
– Through a third party
Registration for job seekers is free so there is no formal contract between us unless you are engaged as a temporary worker.
Candidate data – personal data we receive from other sources
We also receive personal data about candidates from other sources. Depending on the relevant circumstances and applicable local laws and requirements, these may include personal data received in the following situations:
– Your referees may disclose personal information about you.
– Our Clients may share personal information about you with us.
– We may obtain information about you from searching for potential Candidate from third party sources, such as LinkedIn and other job sites.
– If you ‘like’ our page on Facebook or ‘follow’ us on Twitter we will receive your personal information from those sites.
Client data – personal data that we receive directly from you
We will receive data directly from you in two ways:
– Where you contact us proactively, usually by phone, email or our website; and/or
– Where we contact you, either by phone or email, or through our consultants’ business development activities more generally.
Client data – personal data we receive from other sources
– From third parties (for example from our Candidates to the extent that they provide us with your details to act as a referee for them)
The purpose for collecting your personal data
Assign Dental Recruitment must process personal data it collects from you to provide the recruitment services that it delivers. The legal conditions for processing your personal data are:
You must consent to us processing your personal data. With regards to marketing our services, soft opt-in consent applies where you have previously engaged with Assign Dental Recruitment (for example by submitting CV, job application or registering a vacancy to be filled). We will take your consent as given until or unless you opt out of our services.
Assign Dental Recruitment may process your data if needed to fulfil a contract with you, including sending your CV with your permission, to a client for a specific job application.
Assign Dental Recruitment may process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
We must process your personal data to comply with regulatory authorities. Assign Dental Recruitment follow strict CQC requirements and will ensure that personal data is processed in line with the compliance guidelines.
As a recruitment business our primary interest is connecting clients to candidates. For the purposes below (but not limited to), we may use your personal data if we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests:
Candidates and Clients – Recruitment
– To maintain business relationships.
– To maintain internal company records.
– To contact you by post, phone, email or text about our recruitment services and roles which we consider relevant to your search for work.
– To provide you with our recruitment services and to facilitate the recruitment process.
– To assess data about you against vacancies which we think may be suitable for you.
– To send your information to clients for them to assess your suitability for a vacancy. Prior consent will be obtained.
– Enabling you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you.
– Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
– Facilitating our payroll and invoicing processes.
– Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys.
– To complete personnel administration and additional screening checks.
– Verifying details you have provided, using third party resources (such as completing a DBS check).
Candidates and Clients – Marketing
– Processing your data to enable us to send you targeted, relevant marketing materials or other communications which we think are likely to be of interest to you.
– For direct marketing of our products and services. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by using the links included in the emails you receive from us. For text messages, you can opt out by replying STOP to the message.
– To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events, and general information about Dentistry which we think might be of interest to you.
– To external companies retained by us to assist in providing you with our services. This includes companies which provide us with the communication services we use to send you emails and SMS messages. Where we do so, we will only share your personal data to the extent necessary and in accordance with contracts which require those organisations not to retain your personal data for any longer than needed or use it for any other purposes (including marketing).
– Use of a client’s information to find suitable candidates for their business.
– We will market products and services.
– We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
– To contact referees in order to help candidates find employment and also to contact them in relation to recruitment services (where applicable) that may be of interest to them.
– To contact emergency contacts in case of an emergency for a member of Assign Dental Recruitment’s administration or locum team.
– To provide you with information about certain discounts and offers that you are eligible for by virtue of your relationship with Assign Dental Recruitment.
– To develop and market other products and services.
Referees and Emergency Contacts
We will only use the information that our Candidate gives us about you for the following purposes:
– If our Candidates or Staff members put you down on our form as an emergency contact, we will contact you in the case of an accident or emergency affecting them; or
– If you were put down by our Candidate or a prospective member of Staff as a referee, we will contact you in order to take up a reference.
– If you were put down by our Candidate or a prospective member of Staff as a referee, we may sometimes use your details to contact you in relation to recruitment activities that we think may be of interest to you, in which case we will use your data for the same purposes for which we use the data of Clients.
Sharing your personal data
Assign Dental Recruitment may share your personal data, in various ways and for various reasons:
– Individuals and organisations who hold information related to your reference or application to work with us, such as current, past or prospective employers, educators, examining bodies and regulatory authorities.
– Tax, audit, or other authorities, when we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to share this data.
– Third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf, where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with our recruitment services as described above.
– Third party outsourced IT and document storage providers where we have an appropriate processing agreement in place.
– In the case of candidates, potential clients to increase your chances of finding employment.
– Third party service providers who provide services such as references, qualification and criminal convictions checks.
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Assign Dental Recruitment or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we store your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Our goal is to provide you with useful recruitment services throughout your career. However, you retain control over your personal data and may instruct us to stop looking for work for you at any time. When instructed by you, we will remove your records from our database unless we are required to keep it for legal reasons.
Access to your personal data and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date, and are happy to remove or amend any information you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right to cease receiving our services at any time and have us delete all of your personal data, unless we are in the process of responding to any complaint or that we are required to keep it for legal reasons.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
– The right to be informed how your personal data will be stored and used.
– The right to access your personal data.
– The right to rectification of your personal data if it needs to be modified or updated and if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to erase your personal data in certain circumstances. You may request that all your data is deleted together with that held by third party suppliers. To permanently delete your personal data, send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (see below) with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account”.
– The right to restrict processing. You have the right to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
– The right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
– The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling which may include processing of your data based on legitimate interests.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Safeguarding your personal data
Assign Dental Recruitment take security seriously and subsequently take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information. We only transmit personal information, including sensitive information using secure sockets layer technology (SSL).
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator in the event of a breach, where we are legally required to do so.
Your personal data is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area.
We collect a limited amount of non-personal data about you and your computer (web users) including:
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
– IP addresses, operating systems, and browser types, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of this information
We use non-personal data held about you in the following ways:
– To help us to improve your experience of using our website.
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To track your application through our registration process and ensure we can manage your application effectively.
– To help us ensure your use of the candidate login does not require you to re-enter data needlessly.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– To recognise you when you return to our site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Atish Shah
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0203 633 2033
Write to us – Assign Dental Recruitment, Devonshire House, 582 Honeypot Lane, Middlesex, HA7 1JS
You also have the right to raise any concerns about our processing of your personal data with the Office of the Information Commissioner (ICO), details of which are available at: https://ico.org.uk